Chiang Mai Forever Karaoke Scam

Bachelors Guide To Thailand
bender
Site Admin

Chiang Mai Forever Karaoke Scam

Unread post by bender »

In a taxi one night headed for the Loi Kroh Road (I think), got there but I was a bit too late all the bars seemed to be empty or packing up. Driver says "no girls here - I take you to a place with girls". Alarm bells were ringing, however it was just around the corner. Forever is some kind of karaoke bar or KTV I guess. And sure enough there were girls there welcoming me inside. Mama had a good sales pitch, all I had to do was sit and drink with the girls for a while, and later on I could take one home for only 500 ($21). Yeah right. More alarm bells. She even showed me a lineup - and it was very impressive about 9 and mostly hotties. I can guess what would go down, you sit and chat with them under pressure to keep buying drinks for multiple girls. Finally they concoct some invoice with an inflated amount for drinks you didn't order. The promise of 500 root was another indicator of a scam. I tried to negotiate for a take away root only but no luck. Their rort revolves around inflated drinks prices to naive tourists and the cabbie was in on it. So I hi-tailed it out of there and headed back to the North Gate.
Attachments
forever.jpg
forever.jpg (20.4 KiB) Viewed 6426 times