Here are a few different photos in and around Manila during this trip. Check out the comments below each pic for more details, meanwhile..
What you might look for in a hotel room / airbnb, but don't always get
1) Wifi works in the room
2) Flat screen tv and 100 channels of cable
3) Air con works ok and not too noisy, ceiling fans are great too
4) Not too far from the girly bars strip
1) decent western breakfast with decent coffee
2) some kind of lobby / bar / restaurant area to chat with other travellers
3) no construction noise or street noise nearby
4) Value for money rather than 5 star luxury
Bachelors Guide To The Philippines
First unread post • 1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Revisiting good old LA Café!
- la-cafe-exterior.jpg (104.77 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- A rare shot inside LA Café, the most notorious freelancer bar in Manila
- lacafeinterior.jpg (93.2 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Moulin Rouge is on the little P.Burgos strip
- moulin-roughe.jpg (81.33 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Rogues is in P.Burgos, it has a fluorescent lights theme inside. Barfine was 1600p ($41.37) with a 2000p ($51.71) tip as a guide. Girls are quite in your face but it's all good fun hospitality. Pretty good value joint really.
- rogues.jpg (89.15 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Larger club in Manila, has a lot of lounges, likely specialises in the Korean market, young Korean manager had a total gangster vibe, he claimed there were no bar fines, which is BS. Looks like they have showers and short time rooms upstairs. I would not recommend this dodgy joint. We copped a 1000p / $25 each surprise "cover charge" on the way out and had to argue our way out of it since we only stayed 15 mins. Avoid.
- apeiro.gif (128.59 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- We stopped here for a quick reconnaissance, another larger stand alone club, drunken gangsta manager came out to "explain" their pricing structure. It looked like such a crooked setup we didn't even go inside. Further research required.
- universe.jpg (73.52 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Manila Metro Rail Transit System or MRT gets a little crowded, but it works ok if you take a map.
- MRT.jpg (88.29 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Robinsons Place is a landmark mall in Ermita, it's usual to see freelancer girls hanging around inside and they will give you the eye
- robinsons-mall.jpg (97.64 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Any Robinsons supermarket is a good oasis for foreigners
- robinsons.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Chilean wines are great!
- wine.jpg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Why can't we get hi alcohol beer in Australia? These were 16% and 8.9%
- beers.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
- Philo food is under rated
- bain-marie.jpg (158.91 KiB) Viewed 1348 times