The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
1) Ask your date if she is a ladyboy* (not necessary in girly bars)
2) Ask your date her age, and how many kids she has
3) Remove your Australian sim at the airport and install a local sim from Smart not Globe
4) Facebook VOIP calls to Australia are free and clear as a bell (Manilla), Whatsapp is another good one
5) You can meet a lot of girls simply using dating sites and apps, but it's time consuming and most of them are flakey
6) Manila is quite spread out with serious traffic jams*, so group destinations geographically
7) Most shops open at 10, and traffic eases 10 to 3. Less traffic on Sundays
8 ) Chat to everyone eg: expats and cabbies to gain local knowledge faster
9) Any large mall is a great place to regroup
10) Bus Angeles to Manila was $4.05, so bus rides, jeepney rides and local rum can be considered almost free of charge
11) Any densely crowded places in Manila, esp street markets, are likely to have pickpockets targeting foreigners
12) Public toilets sometimes store tissue by the washbasin, not in the cubicles, so don't get caught short!
* Of course we don't have gays or traffic jams in Sydney right?!?
Bachelors Guide To The Philippines
First unread post • 1 post • Page 1 of 1