What are new requirements for entry?

What's on your mind?
Prowlman69

What are new requirements for entry?

Unread post by Prowlman69 »

Hey all,

Curious what sort of information we have to provide when entering establishments now. Do we have to scan in, and show vaccine certificates? Sort of defeats the purpose of discretion these places use to have. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.
path1k
Gold Contributor

Re: What are new requirements for entry?

Unread post by path1k »

show vaccine certificates?
That's the one
Sort of defeats the purpose of discretion
No it doesn't because even if they did have a QR code system going, the mangers/owners of the shop won't be collecting information directly for personal use, rather it gets logged in a database only the government have access to.

Either way those vaccine certificates are easy to duplicate/edit so I can imagine many people are getting into all types of venues whether only single jabbed or completely unvaccinated.
leghunter
Silver Contributor

Unread post by leghunter »

I have no problem showing my vaccine certificate. But I don't want to do the 'Covid Safe check in' because it leaves a record in your Service NSW and remains in the history of the places you've checked in. And I haven't found a way to delete it.
Prowlman69

Unread post by Prowlman69 »

I’m curious if they’ll remove the certificate requirement come December 1st.
leghunter
Silver Contributor

Unread post by leghunter »

I punted at two shops on Halloween night. @64 Springhouse didn't ask me for anything. @271 Marrickville guy only wanted to see my vaxine certificate. Easy as piss.